Finding the perfect apartment can be a stressful journey. There are plenty of things you need to consider including location, amenities, and apartment features. It is also a good idea to check and inspect the space to make sure it is safe and up to proper standards before you sign a binding lease. That’s why we have put together a collection of things we think you should check before calling an apartment your home!
What Should You Check in a New Apartment?
Apartment Condition Safety/Inspection Checklist
- Check to make sure the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors work. Where is the nearest fire extinguisher?
- Make sure all window and door locks work properly. Check if all windows and doors open and close easily.
- Ensure all the appliances including everything from the burners on the stove to the garbage disposal work properly so you don’t have to worry about a work order when you move in.
- Check water pressure on all faucets and showerheads. Also, note how long it takes to have hot water.
- Locate and take note of the circuit breaker location.
- Check walls. Are they clean, are there any cracks, etc?
- Make sure there are no pests! You can actually ask your landlord for copies of past pest treatments.
- Visit the community at night to ensure it is a safe area.
Building Amenity Questions to Ask a Property Manager
- Do washers and dryers come in every unit? If not, do you have laundry facilities on-site, and how easily accessible are they?
- What is the pet policy? How many pets can you have? Are there any breed restrictions? What is the pet fee? Is there a dedicated outdoor space for dogs to use the restroom?
- Are trash and recycling included? What is the correct process for the disposal of both?
- Is there a secure mailroom for packages and parcels?
- What are office hours and maintenance hours? Is there an emergency line for maintenance?
- Is parking provided and secured? Do you have to pay for secured parking?
- Can you rent a storage unit if necessary?
- Where are all of the public entrances? How does the property stay secure?
Additional Reading: Apartment Essentials: First Apartment Checklist
Live Grandscape | The Colony, TX Apartments
Live Grandscape urban apartment homes feature top-of-the-line finishes such as quartz countertops and stainless steel appliances and include a washer and dryer, large walk-in closets and so much more. Relax by the resort-style pool & lounge area, get in a good workout at the 24-hour fitness center and pamper your pooch at the dog washing station and dog park. That’s not all – check out all of the amenities at Live Grandscape apartments in The Colony, Texas
Live Grandscape includes 345 apartment homes consisting of studio, one and two-bedroom apartments, and two penthouse suites. Live Grandscape apartments in The Colony, TX is NOW LEASING. Daily tours are available! Contact us today to learn more.